The Velomarathon “I see! I can! I will!” is a tandem bicycle tour for young adults with and without visual impairments from Germany, Poland as well as Ukraine. We want to set an example of successful inclusion in the field of international youth work and to promote the active participation of all in civil society. We intend to break stereotypes about people with disabilities, to remove unfair labels and to encourage society as well as local communities to embrace diversity.
What we do:
- Bringing participants with and without visual impairments from Germany, Poland and Ukraine together and allow them to learn from each other.
- Emphasising inclusive non-formal education on an international level.
- Visiting touristic, educational and cultural facilities along the route.
- Analysing the accessibility of these facilities for visually impaired people.
- Raising awareness in civil society as well as politics regarding people with visual impairments.